Ghana is located in West Africa
The Volta Region is located in the southeast near Lake Volta
Some Facts About Ghana
- Ghana is located in West Africa and is slightly smaller than the
state of Oregon with a population of about 20 million
- Ghana is a former British colony once known as the Gold Coast due to
its gold mines
- It was the first African country to achieve its independence in 1957
and will be celebrating its 50th anniversary of independence
- The Ghanaian people are friendly and good-natured, and English
speaking, in addition to one of 50 native languages from their region.
- According to a United Nations UNESCO study, Ghana spends the highest
percentage of its budget (42%) on education; yet there is still a high
level of illiteracy
- Ghana is a wealthy country in resources; however it needs to be able
to utilize technology in order to maximize its resources.